Sunday 17 March 2013

Final Post

After around 6 months I have finally reached the end of project of my coursework for the OCR AS Media Studies course. From my initial research to the evaluation I have really enjoyed the whole project and am extremely satisfied with the end result of my main artefact. As explained more thoroughly in Question 7 I have learnt lots from the entirety of this project, especially about the use of editing software which I had not used at all before.

I put all my different edits on YouTube to show to my target audience and also my teacher for constant feedback and thus far I have received over 160 views in total across all edits, which I am very surprised and pleased about. I hope I have inspired other people to attempt at making their own!

Whilst doing my evaluation question 5, I decided to make a quick sample of what I would imagine the DVD cover to be for my film, basing it around the graphics I made for the titles at the start of my opening sequence. After playing around with photoshop for a little while I managed to come up with a simple design that I was very proud of, especially since I do not have any knowledge of graphic design at all. I decided to keep the design simple, and used a screen shot from one of the many different angles of Daisy walking round the tree to make the silhouette of her, as obviously I did not have any time to do a proper photoshoot with the actress who played Daisy. I then took a screenshot of the graphic 'Hostage' and put it altogether. The main point of making it was to show how the use of that graphic really stands out and could be transferable into many different means of marketing and establish an easily recognisable brand. I also included the '15' certificate, for reasons which I explained in my evaluation question 4.



My blog is in the style of a conventional blog so the latest posts are the most recent, to get the the start of my portfolio simple click 'older posts' at the bottom of the page until you reach my first post entitled 'Introduction'. I feel rather sad finishing this portfolio, but I look forward to doing others in the near future, using my new found skills and hopefully developing and building on them too!

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and watch my artefacts!

Love Sophie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment