Sunday 17 February 2013

Evaluation - Question Four

Who would be the audience for your media product?



Rough script:
My target audience for my thriller opening sequence is people aged 15-20 years old. However, when getting feedback on my first and second edits I found that people in the range of 35-50 years old also enjoyed watching it. This indicates that there is potential to expand my target audience, if the film was to be made in full. 64% of the respondents to my questionnaire were aged 17-20, this suggests that they would be the most interested in watching a thriller movie. It is also significant because I took those views and ideas into account when planning and making my product so it is likely to be more geared towards what people in that age range would want to see.

Moreover, my main character is a 16 year old girl. This is an aspect that would attract my desired target audience as they would be able to relate to her better and would be more interested in watching a film about a girl of their age than perhaps an older person would be. The story also links into my target audience in that, it is something that would interest them. Teenagers are always interested in drama, action and mystery and my thriller provides them with this. It is very unlikely that they would be interested in a highly political film, which would be likely to attract an older audience. So the adrenaline produced my thrillers is often the biggest attraction for young audiences who like to be scared and like to be kept on their toes wondering what will happen next and whether the 'hostage' will survive or what will be made of her.  

I imagine the BBFC would rate the film 15, due to the moderate levels of violence, but not overly strong. In addition, later scenes in the film would be likely to include moderate to strong levels of  bad language once again placing it in the category of a 15 rated film. 

Taken from the BBFC official guidelines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment